Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Coffee steampunk upcycled makeup organization

I was trying to make google search blow up with that title. ;)

I work in walking distance of a Goodwill and have already spent a few lunch breaks zooming through the aisles. 

I picked this up for half price - so $1.50 - I think it is a....candleholder? I'm not sure. Anyway the color was not in great shape, covered in some grime. And I need another candleholder like I need a hole in the head.


But it is nice and wide and the perfect height for my makeup brushes for which I had bought a previous holder but it really wasn't big enough.


 
I painted it oil-rubbed bronze which is probably out of style in the blogosphere by now but I'm thinking about making my bathroom a steampunk bathroom and wanted something with an aged look.




Then I filled it part way with coffee beans - which smelled amazing.

 



And now it holds my makeup brushes - upright so they don't touch - and it makes the bathroom smell like a coffee shop. Win - win!



I have a more in-depth post coming about the collection of upcycled/repurposed items I use in my bathroom and makeup organization in which I've managed to have an almost finished, cohesive look. Stay tuned!

 

3 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Nicely done. I will be on the lookout for more of your *Steamy* collection.

Molly Dermer said...

very nice! I never thought of putting something in my holder.. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely idea! I had never thought of putting coffee beans in something like that.